Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Game Plan for Week One

This is a new feature on our Tuv Ha'aretz blog, a game plan for using the week's produce, since it can be daunting to figure out what to do with everything.
The radishes and asparagus in my box today were a nice surprise that I'm excited to use. Here's what I'm planning:
  • Tonight I had scrambled eggs (from Vicki) and kale chips for dinner. Definitely try Vicki's recipe for kale chips. I drizzled a little olive oil and sprinkled a little kosher salt on bite-sized pieces and baked them for about 10 minutes. This dinner was so easy and good that it might be on the menu tomorrow night too.
  • For Shabbat, I am going to make a fritatta with the spinach and any other vegetables that I have, a salad with the mesclun mix, and either roasted asparagus or a cold asparagus soup. (I saw this recipe for a soup that can be served hot or cold in the Tribune recently.) And then rhubarb crisp and vanilla ice cream for dessert; the recipe is posted here.
  • On Saturday night, I'll use the radishes in a friend's Dillicious Radicious dip. That recipe is also posted here.

Please post any other recommendations or plans that you've got for this week's recipes!

No comments: