This recipe says it makes a lot.
5 pounds potatoes, peeled and washed
1 seedless cucumber, sliced into small thin pieces
1 C Vegenaise
¼ C Dijon mustard (whole grain is best)
¼ C olive oil
1/3 C distilled white vinegar
2 T sugar
1 T dried dill
1 t turmeric
1 ½ t salt, or to taste
1 t ground black pepper, or to taste
1 large carrot, peeled
- Slice the potatoes so that they are somewhere between ¼ and ½ inch thick.
- Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on them. Check that you can easily pierce them with a fork, but they should not be falling apart.
- Drain and rinse under cold water. Let them cool about 15 minutes before adding to the dressing.
- Make the dressing in a large mixing bowl big enough to add the potatoes to later on.
- Mix the vegan mayo, mustard, olive oil, sugar, vinegar, dill, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Whisk briskly. Add the cucumber and place in the fridge until the potatoes are ready.
- Add the potatoes to the dressing and use a wooden spoon to mix and coat hem. Grate the carrot directly into the salad (grating helps maximize the sweetness).
- Adjust for seasonings, chill one hour, and serve.